State of Tasmania Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in State of Tasmania Community Directory!
We are developing tasmania.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in State of Tasmania for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in State of Tasmania?
State of Tasmania Community
The state of Tasmania in Australia is home to some of the most vibrant and active community groups. Whether you are looking for ways to help the environment, volunteer your time, or simply connect with like-minded individuals, there is something for everyone.
Here we present the best community groups in the state of Tasmania, categorised by their focus and mission.
1. Friends of the Earth Tasmania: This organisation is dedicated to protecting the natural world, promoting sustainability, and creating equitable and just societies. They work on various campaigns, including climate justice, biodiversity protection, and renewable energy. Benefits of joining include being part of a community committed to protecting the environment, learning about environmental issues, and opportunities to participate in campaigns and events. Contact: email@example.com.
2. Tarkine National Coalition: This organisation is working to protect the Tarkine wilderness area in Tasmania's northwest. By preserving this area, they hope to protect biodiversity, cultural heritage, and promote responsible tourism. Benefits of joining include being part of a community advocating for the protection of one of Tasmania's most beautiful and ecologically important places. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. St Vincent de Paul Society Tasmania: This organisation focuses on providing support to those in need, including the homeless, isolated and vulnerable. Volunteers work in various roles, such as serving meals, visiting people in their homes, and running op-shops. Benefits of joining include making a positive impact on your community, helping those in need, and opportunities to develop new skills. Contact: email@example.com.
4. Tasmanian Volunteer Coast Guard: This organisation provides on-water emergency services, including search and rescue and marine safety education. Volunteers serve in various roles, including crew members, vessel operators, and radio operators. Benefits of joining include being part of a team dedicated to keeping the community safe on the water, the opportunity to learn new skills and work on exciting projects. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Development Groups:
5. Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania: This organisation provides support to newly arrived migrants and refugees, including assistance with settling into the community, accessing services, and language support. Benefits of joining include making a positive impact on the lives of new arrivals, learning about different cultures and traditions, and developing cross-cultural communication skills. Contact: email@example.com.
6. Rural Youth Tasmania: This organisation provides opportunities for young people living in rural areas to socialise, learn new skills, and participate in community development projects. Benefits of joining include meeting new people, developing new skills, and being part of a community committed to improving rural life. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts and Culture Groups:
7. Ten Days on the Island: This organisation is focused on promoting Tasmania's unique arts and cultural scene, with a biennial festival showcasing local and international performers, artists, and musicians. Benefits of joining include experiencing some of Tasmania's most exciting cultural events, meeting new people, and supporting the arts community. Contact: email@example.com.
8. Tasmanian Writers' Centre: This organisation supports writers and the literary arts in Tasmania, offering workshops, networking opportunities, and publication advice. Benefits of joining include developing your writing skills, connecting with other writers, and having access to resources and support for writing projects. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There you have it, the best community groups in the state of Tasmania. No matter what your interests are, there is a group out there for you. So, don't hesitate to get involved and make a difference in your community!
State of Tasmania Community Articles